Subject: Wymore Methodist Lord's Acre Dinner
Starts: 11:30 AM
Location: Wymore United Methodist Church
Address: 121 North 10th St, Wymore
Description: PUBLIC IS INVITED: serving from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.; serving ham balls, potatoes, and desserts;contact phone 402-645-3470. ..............Regular Sunday Worship at 10:45 a.m.; www.umc.org/
Subject: Welsh Heritage Festival
Starts: 8:00 AM
Location: Great Plains Welsh Heritage Centre
Address: 307 South 7th Street, Wymore
Description: The Fifth Welsh Heritage Festival will be held in Wymore October 4, 5, and 6, 2013.
Featured programming will be:
• Tenth Anniversary celebration of the Welsh Heritage Centre
• Dedication and Open House of the new Archive Addition to the Welsh Centre
• Darris Williams, Welsh American Family History Seminar and individual Workshops.
• Herding Dog Demonstration by J. Holman, Nebraska Stock Dog Association
• Love Spoon Carving Seminar and Sales
• Gymanfa Ganu conducted by Rev. Joe Corbin of Reedsburg, Wisconsin
• Spirits of the Welsh Pioneers in Bethel Cemetery.
Reservations are available in Beatrice at the Holiday Inn Express ($89.95) call (402) 228-7000, or at Capri Hotel (formerly New Victorian Inn) ($69.99) call (402) 228-8808. These are adjacent properties. These are group rates for the “Welsh Festival”. Registration fee, $50 (each-with bag) or $70 per couple (only one bag). Registration form will be posted on the website soon. http://www.welshheritage.org/
Subject: Park Lodge Quilt Show & Open House
Starts: 2:00 PM
Location: Park Lodge Community Room
Address: 300 North 7th St, Wymore
Description: Park Lodge Quilt Show & Open House, Saturday, October 5 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on Sunday October 6 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Quilts will be on display in the community room, and several apartments will be open for visitors. Door Prizes 402-645-8241