The Carnegie Building was built in 1919. The Friends of Wymore Library (FOWL) was established in 1979 and the Wymore Library Foundation was established in 1996. In the spring of 1999, an anonymous donor put forth a gift for the purpose of building an addition to the Library. Ground was broken for the addition on October 12, 2000. In August 2002, the Library moved into their addition. The Library is fully handicapped accessible, complete with an elevator.
The Library is fully automated with bar-coded checkout and check-in and a computerized catalogue. There are 9 computers that are internet ready, 3 computers used in the children's area for games and a catalogued search computer for patron use.
There are several meeting areas throughout the Library with GED classes using an area regularly. An After School Kids program goes on during the school year with mentors present to help kids with their homework. The Library also offers a summer reading program.